Blogtastic

Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Perfect Man Rant (copyrighted BVS 2000something)

At first when I saw a preview for The Perfect Man I thought "Oh, a cheesy romantic comedy that I might watch on TBS someday". True, it stars Hillary Duff who is a good argument for why certain people should be dragged out into the street and shot. But on the otherhand it is, I believe, Carson's movie debut, and the friend from American Dreams is in it. Then I began to pay more attention to the preview.
This movie is the ultra-anti-feminist movie EVER!! The plot is that this mother is soooooo desperate for a man that it's pathetic. And in looking for a man she is willing to uproot her job (hopefully she works) and two children (she got because she probably thought if I sleep with him he'll love me) and move around when relationships don't work. This woman can not be happy without finding "the perfect man" which btw does not exist (and if he did Mr. Big is not it!) and she is so obessed that her daughters, who have been raised to believe that only a man can make you happy, try to make their mom happy and try and find her this "perfect man". This movie makes me soooo angry!. If Betty Friedan were dead she'd be rolling around in her grave.


Note: I originally accidently drafted instead of posted...lo siento

1 Comments:

  • Don't knock the movie until you try it! If we can love a businessman falling for a hooker, maybe we'll love this too! Plus, it stars, as you said, Carson and Roxanne from the now defunct American Dreams (RIP).

    I am the worst feminist of all time.

    By Blogger Eileen, at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home