Blogtastic

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

"I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell"

One of my fellow staff peoples left behind a book of physcology case histories and Iwas skimming through it. I would read the person's story then try to guess the diagnosis and see if I was correct, but it was interesting to see how crazy people are and what the mind is capable of. They say over half of all Americans will suffer from a mental illness at one point in their life. Which of course led me to evaluate myself and reasons why I am crazy...

~I have irrational fears: like I won't eat mushrooms because I'm afraid they will be posionous, or I'm afraid the dentist will slice/cut my tongue, or when I'm ice skating I will fall and some one will run over my fingers with the blade and cut them off.
~If I'm nervous about doing something (even going fully under in the pool) I count to 30 and then I have to do it.
~If I touch one finger to another I have to touch them all(both hands backwards and forwards) to balance it out or else I feel panicked.
~My food can't mix together on a plate (unles it's pre-mixed like meatballs and spaghetti)
~And I always eat my food fom what I like least-->best.

I'd say I have a mild panic discorder or maybe preoccupation with death/pain, and mild obessessive compulsive disorder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home