Blogtastic

Thursday, June 02, 2005

An anthopology lesson

I learned two things about the Nigerian culture this week...
-Apparently Nigerians think the best time to study is from 12-6am because everyone is asleep and it's quiet. According to one of the youth here his father would stay up with him while he was studying to keep him awake and he was able to sleep from 3-4. I think that would lead to a lot of people falling asleep during the actual tests.
-In Nigeria it's not a crime to steal. Nigerians think that anyone who steals is clever. I can just imagine a Nigerian hearing their neighbor's goats were stolen and thinking, "Man, I wish I had thought of that". Apparently, the most common way something is stolen is a person goes into a house and puts a spell over the people in the house to make them sleep so they won't be aware of what is going on. I guess that's more clever then just breaking a window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home