Blogtastic

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Happy I was born in 1981

I have been thinking lately how I feel very lucky to be born when I was and not a few years later.
A) because of the new restrictions on licenses. I understand the thinking behind it but whether your 17 when you start driving or 27 you're still going to suck. It's one of those practice makes perfect things. If I couldn't drive it would have been harder to have a job after school and a lot more burden on my parents. And I have so many fun memeries of just cruising around in the camero, stalking!, and knocking down the occassional garbage can. Yea, we might have come close to death a few times (especially if you ever drove with Steve), but it was the first step of independance.
B) The new SAT. I can not imagine the test being longer, which with the higher occurances of ADD in this country should work out real well. Plus the math is harder and you have the infamous writing section. I was reading Newsweek and they were talking about how the essay question on the SAT is very philosophical oppsed to the ACTs which ask more concrete questions like "should all students be made to wear uniforms". I can understand the purpose behind the essay question, but correct me if I'm wrong standerized tests are about filling in bubbles, this goes against that, which you can argue if that's bad or good. And I feel like there's too much depending on the people who read the essay. Apparently, a lot of colleges aren't even going to look at the essay score for a few years when the kinks are all worked out. I feel so outdated and sad cause I'm proud of my SAT score and now it's meaningless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home