Blogtastic

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Just some of the things I have learnt in my year of work (a month late)

"One's philosophy is not best expressed in words, it is expressed in the choices one makes...and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility". -Eleanor Roosevelt

~"You can set the table but you can't make someone eat"-my wise director Jim

~Suprisely people a few years younger then me really will listen to what I have to say and respect me.

~Doing casework is a lot harder then it seems

~DYFS is run really poorly and I would rather eat eggs then work there ever!

~The days you want/need to leave early (aka on time) are when the crisis' will happen

~Never work harder or want something more then a client.

~Bed bugs are the AIDS of the insect world.

~Giving a client consequences and saying no is a good thing

~Gangs are alive and well in Newark.

~Never deny an addict their bottom

~Even the toughest thug sometimes likes to watch Mrs. Doubtfire, listen to do-wop or cry.

~My knowledge of Newark and how to get from A to B has extended past the parking lot.

~I have a lot of wisdom (and I need to follow my own advice sometime)

~Even I have an inner gangsta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home